Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

Does anyone else feel like this weekend was on fast forward? Great chunks of time passed in the blink of an eye, and here it is Sunday night (and past my usual Sunday night bedtime) and I'm not sure how it got to be this time on this day.

We had rain all day yesterday. It was a steady rain with a comforting sound, which made for a day of general laziness, although I did not nap or spend the day reading. I made some earrings, finished making a few faux dicro beads, did a little bin organizing. And then it was bedtime. Huh? Seriously, it went that quickly.

Today was no slower. It didn't rain, but it was overcast and cool all day. The Chihuahua Brothers were content to snooze in their beds while I cleaned off my desk (again) and washed clothes. Which reminds me - my sheets are still in the washer. Guess I'm up for another hour until they finish drying. I started a sweater for my newest grandson, due in July. And I like the pattern so much that I started a second one before I was even halfway finished with the first. And I just might start a third. Yes, I like having project options. I have five socks finished for him. Unfortunately, none of them match. I have two more on the needles, and then I'll start over on the matching ones. My goal was a different pair for every day of the week. No soap this weekend - I think the soap supplies are permanently put away until early June when I can start selling some of what I'm making.

I did get quite a few bins emptied. I have a great stack of crafty stuff to give away, as well as several boxes of stuff that I'm just tossing. I'd say I'm about a third of a the way finished cleaning out my craft room. I've needed to do this for a very long time!

And there may or may not have been chocolate chip muffins baked ... I'd post photographic proof, but my camera batteries seemed to have died. You'll just have to take my word on the yumminess.

No comments: